Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, “America’s Most Fun Small Town” has something to offer everyone! Once considered a seasonal location, Delray Beach has transformed into a year-round destination. If you are planning a work-related meeting, family vacation, or just a couple’s retreat, Delray Beach has you covered for a complete getaway. Some people head north or to the shore during the summer, but we suggest you stay in Florida to experience our little slice of paradise like a local. Here are 10 reasons to stay in Delray between Memorial Day and Labor Day. There are even more when you include all of the festivities and events, but you’ll just have to see for yourself:
- The snowbirds have flown back home so there are fewer crowds.
- There is plenty of parking downtown so you can enjoy Delray’s famed Atlantic Avenue without the hassle. Or hitch a free ride from the Delray Downtowner, Delray’s eco-friendly transportation service.
- Sea turtles are nesting on the beach and you can take turtle walks to see them!
- Some days the ocean is like glass, so you can get up on that paddleboard on the first try, or kayak out to the old sunken ship on a clear day for snorkeling.
- We have ocean breezes and trade winds, so summer days are actually cooler than a lot of other places in the South. Plus, the water is warm enough for everyone to go swimming!
- The afternoon thunderstorms are barely a threat. They come and go and relieve the summer heat.
- When it does rain in the middle of the day, take a break from the sun and treat yourself to a well-deserved service at the Seagate Spa, like the signature Rain Massage.
- If you’re a native of the Sunshine State, take advantage of the Florida Resident Rates. Enough said.
- Summertime means HUGE savings at hotels, restaurants, spas, golf courses, and attractions! Enjoy special prix fixe menus, discounted adventures, and relaxing staycations at even more attractive prices.
- Attend an array of exciting summer events like the Tastemakers of Delray Beach (August 7 and 8), Seagate Summer Shopping Sale featuring more than ten independent Delray retailers (August), The Atlantic Grille’s Halloween Costume Party & The Seagate’s 5th Year Anniversary Celebration (October 31), Chris Evert / Raymond James Pro-Celebrity Tennis Classic (Nov 21– 23), LPGA Legends Tour at The Seagate’s private Country Club (Nov 6-9), Delray Beach Wine & Seafood Festival (Nov 8-9), Delray’s Fashion Week (Jan 17-24, 2015), 6th Annual Delray Beach Garlic Fest (Feb 6-8, 2015), 47th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade (March 13-14, 2015), Savor the Avenue (March 27, 2015) and the 53rd Annual Delray Affair (April 10-12, 2015).
The Seagate Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique resort in Delray Beach, Florida. The 154-room beach-inspired property offers upscale dining options, an 8,000-square-foot on-site spa and exclusive privileges at the private Seagate Beach Club, located less than a mile from the hotel, as well as access to the private Seagate Country Club, complete with championship golf courses, Har-Tru tennis courts, full-service clubhouse and more. Signature restaurant, Atlantic Grille, features contemporary American cuisine with a focus on locally sourced seafood. The Seagate Hotel & Spa offers nine meeting rooms totaling 14,000 square feet and banqueting for up to 300 guests. For more information or reservations, call 877-577-3243 or visit TheSeagateHotel.com.